The Freeride sits between the Viper and Speedster within the Ozone range. Designed specifically for slalom racing, it is the most agile and dynamic of all Ozone paramotor wings. It combines the speed, precision, and efficiency of the Viper along with the solidity, comfort, and ease of use of the Speedster. The mission of the Freeride 2 is to elevate excitement without compromising comfort and stability.
If you are a competitive high-level slalom pilot, the Freeride 2 Comp will be the best choice. If you search for a dynamic wing for carving aggressive lines, the Freeride 2 is a fun and efficient high-performance wing that delivers.
The Freeride 2 is suitable foradvanced pilots looking for a fast, efficient, and dynamic wing for low-level carving, freestyle, and fun flying. It is a step up from the Speedster but still easier to pilot than the Viper 5.
The dynamic flight characteristic, faster top speed, and more responsive, agile handling will appeal to the fun seeking experienced pilot.
The Freeride 2 is also available in a Competition version tuned specifically for top-level slalom racing pilots. Featuring unsheathed lines and more radical PK risers, it is possibly the most advanced tool for slalom racing.
The Freeride 2 retains the OZRP profile, which features shark nose openings and the highest levels of CM+ (reflex) within the Ozone range. A pure 4-line rigging design and a new internal structure have been employed to carefully control the angle of attack and increase the chord wise cohesion of the sail whilst accelerated. The overall effect is an increase in internal pressure throughout the speed range for a more forgiving behaviour in turbulence, greater resistance to spin at higher angles of attack and high levels of inherent stability at lower angles of attack. The efficiency of the sail has been further optimised with mini-ribs, 3D panel shaping, and finely tensioned plastic rods for a clean, wrinkle free leading edge.
The new style risers features a new colour coding to differentiate the risers, new maillon line keepers, magnetic-lock brake handle clips and new brake handles with twist-preventing swivels. As standard, there is an Ozone PK system built into the risers and an option to install either 2D or “Mateos” style Slalom Steering Systems.
- Speed and efficiency of the Viper
- Fun and agility of the Slalom
- Incredible stability in all modes of flight
- Ozone Shark Nose
- Features Ozone PK riser system
- Slalom Steering System
Your OZONE wing is delivered standard with the following accessories:
Inner Bag, Glider Strap, Riser bag, Speed Bar, OZONE Stickers, Repair Cloth, OZONE Keyring.
You may choose to add something to your order, such as: Easy Bag (stuff bag), Light Easy bag (video), Saucisse Bag (video) (concertina packing bag), Glider Backpack, or OZONE Clothing and Accessories.
|Number of cells||56||56||56||56||56||56|
|Projected area (m2)||11.8||12.6||13.5||14.4||16.1||17.8|
|Flat Area (m^2)||13.8||14.8||15.8||16.8||18.8||20.8|
|Projected Span (m)||6.94||7.19||7.43||7.66||8.1||8.52|
|Flat Span (m)||8.71||9.02||9.32||9.61||10.17||10.7|
|Projected Aspect Ratio||4.08||4.08||4.08||4.08||4.08||4.08|
|Flat Aspect Ratio||5.5||5.5||5.5||5.5||5.5||5.5|
|Root Chord (m)||2||2.07||2.14||2.21||2.33||2.46|
|Glider Weight (kg)||3.59||3.81||3.93||4.16||4.45||4.82|
|In-flight Weight Range PG (kg)||55-80||55-90||55-90||65-95||75-105||85-115|
|In-flight Weight Range PPG (kg)||55-110||55-120||55-130||65-140||75-150||85-160|
* Weights may vary up to 50gm per size due to slight variations in the manufacturing of the fabric used.
- Top Surface Cloth: Dominico 30D MF
- Bottom Surface Cloth: Dominico N20D
- Rib cloth: Dominico 30D FM
- Upper lines: Edelrid 8000U series
- Mid lines: Edelrid 8000U series
- Lower Lines: Edelrid 6843 series
- The VIPER 5’s little brother.
- We have used all the latest technology from the development of the VIPER 5, and put it into a more accessible package for a wider range of pilots.
- A wing that offers everything an experienced pilot seeks: efficiency, precision, maneuverability, speed, stability, comfort, and maximum fun.
- Developed in parallel with the VIPER 5 – it shares many features in common.
- The planform and arc are the same. This was the obvious base start.
- The profile is also strictly the same. The OZRP reflex profile was developed to offer the highest level of stability at high speeds and has proven to be highly successful in OZONE PPG wings.The OZRP yields high internal pressure, a more solid chord, and aerodynamic forces which increase stability in accelerated flight.
- Once again, the shark profile has a huge effect on the turning ability of the wing, allowing slower and sharper turns, with more feedback and therefore more safety at low speeds.
- The internal structure has been generated with the same recipe to increase sail cohesion to reach higher top speeds.
- We have 3D shaping and the use of plastic reinforcement on the LE to make the smoothest surface possible. This translates into higher efficiency thanks to an important drag reduction.
- The AR has been reduced to 5.6 to make the wing more compact and more forgiving in every aspect of the flying.
- We have reduced the amount of cells to 56, to get the right balance of cohesion and flex in the sail to provide this feeling of comfort needed for what we think creates immediate confidence in the wing.
- We are using a pure 4L rigging, for maximum chord stability and to achieve the best behavior possible in any situation.
- The riser lines are sheathed Aramid, to make the pilot’s life easy.